Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
NT-22A Furnace shakes the "house"

After a summer of issues with about every appliance and plumbing part, I was so happy to see this furnace worked...kinda. It lights, it fires, it heats but oh boy does is rattle things from cabinets to dishes! The manual says the blower is out of balance to replace the blower. I've had the unit out for a good cleaning but maybe I missed something? One thread says look for mud daubers while another shows I need to look that a recall issue is resolved. Anyone actually had the blower out of balance with the blower being the culprit? I don't have any squeals indicating motor issues.
__________________

__________________
2coldnpagosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coldnpagosa View Post
After a summer of issues with about every appliance and plumbing part, I was so happy to see this furnace worked...kinda. It lights, it fires, it heats but oh boy does is rattle things from cabinets to dishes! The manual says the blower is out of balance to replace the blower. I've had the unit out for a good cleaning but maybe I missed something? One thread says look for mud daubers while another shows I need to look that a recall issue is resolved. Anyone actually had the blower out of balance with the blower being the culprit? I don't have any squeals indicating motor issues.
The mud daubers do it by attaching themselves etc, to the squirrel cage fan.

Remove the furnace, set it on a bench, take it apart, clean it properly especially ther combustion chamber, replace the gaskets when you reassemble.

You can test the fan blade balance while the furnace is still on the bench.

Andy
__________________

__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
 
1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Thanks Andy! I'll add this to my to-do's today and see what I find.
__________________
2coldnpagosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member
 
1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
re: NT022a furnace shakes the house

As other expected, I opened up the furnace, removed the 2 blowers and found this.
The furnace runs super quiet now with now vibrations! This forum is awesome!
__________________
2coldnpagosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
 
1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Oops, the picture showed a large mud dauber (??) nest attached to the air intake blower.
__________________
2coldnpagosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coldnpagosa View Post
Oops, the picture showed a large mud dauber (??) nest attached to the air intake blower.
Unfortunately, Centramatic does not make a balancer for the squirrel cage fans.

So,all you can do, is remove the little pests.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member
 
1972 25' Tradewind
Arboles , Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
NT-22A gasket set

Andy, you continue to recommend a gasket set while the furnace is on the bench. Inland RV doesn't carry them. Can you point us to someone who does? Thx!
__________________
2coldnpagosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coldnpagosa View Post
Andy, you continue to recommend a gasket set while the furnace is on the bench. Inland RV doesn't carry them. Can you point us to someone who does? Thx!
Most any auto parts store has "bulk" gasket material.

It's a flat piece that you can cut to whatever shape you need.

Andy
__________________

__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
furnace


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infamous Suburb.NT-22 "recall" furnace issues! fotochop Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 7 07-22-2012 08:42 PM
Question for "LEWSTER" & others about furnace board catson4 Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 1 01-05-2009 08:22 AM
1972 31' w/Propane Furnace "no heat all fan" FarHarley Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 4 11-25-2004 09:34 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.