Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #181
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
We use one of these any time we want to move heat or cold from front to back or visa versa. We just set it up on the hallway floor. When not in use (most of the time) it stores at back of closet. We been very pleased with its versatility.

FanTastic Vent - Product - Endless Breeze

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #182
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
We use one of these any time we want to move heat or cold from front to back or visa versa. We just set it up on the hallway floor. When not in use (most of the time) it stores at back of closet. We been very pleased with its versatility.

FanTastic Vent - Product - Endless Breeze

Ken
+1 for us as well ...trouble free for us for the last several years, but the company also has a great warranty.
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #183
3 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Hillsborough , New Jersey
not enough heat in the back

Jammer, I don't know if your question has been fully answered since I didn't read all the comments, but here is what I did on my 2004 Classic 30 footer.

In order to cut down on the turbulence inside the ducts I stretched and straightened out the ducts as much as I could. I then wrapped most of them with reflective 1/2 inch insulation, while keeping them as close as possible to each other to minimize heat loss.

In the bedroom I opened the vent and slid a aluminum tube that just fit INSIDE the ductwork as far as I could. This cut down on the turbulance, gave a straighter flow of the air and has increased the temperature in the bedroom noticeably. Wolf146
wolf146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:34 AM   #184
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
We face the same situation on our 2016 FC27FB. I admit I did not read every entry into this thread but will run to offer what works for us on sub zero temps.

Two Voronado ceramic space heaters: one under dinette, one in the opposite side, in the bedroom behind the head's bulkhead, in the corner. The first one in max (1.5KW) the second on half that wattage. Both thermostats set at 70F

Furnace thermostat at 50F

The goals is to save on propane, as we get unlimited juice from the city but propane is not. Auto switch regulator on top of propanes.

2 heat lamps under the tanks, surrounded by boards and thick styrofoam glued/screwed to it. Lamps not close to the edges to avoid burning/melting the styrofoam.

Head sink always dripping. Gray tank valve open.

Hot air has it's own ideas, regardless of where we point it at: it rises. To reach even the thermostat at the Furnace/AC control, it will have to first heat the top, including the very cold interior skin of the AS. Should the temp at that point reach 50 F or below, the furnace is my fallback freeze preventer.

Heat starts rising from the lamps below the belly. Then from the two Voronado, Furnace is the last resort but I figure before temp reaches 50F at that point, is has to be above freezing at the lowest point: the pipes and tank. So far it worked.

I tried cheap $24 heaters from Lowes and expensive $500 Dyson. The cheap ones worry me about fires or failure (one stopped working completely). The big Dyson is challenging to store and (contrary to mos lucky other users) did not follow the thermostat settings, so I brought it home where the esthetic value plays a more important role. Dyson is great, I have the V8 at the AS, and LOVE IT! Hangs right behind the bedroom TV.
Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace tuning