Old 07-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2004 28' Classic
Boonville , Missouri
Newbies to airstream rv trailer-a/c help

Wife and I were just given her parents' 1992 Excella 29' Due to her parent's advanced age, trailer was lacking in TLC. We are now trying to get it back to the best condition we can. Having problem with A/C leaking inside but is also dripping on outside from condensation drain line. Looked in book but cannot find where condensation drains out to drain line. Any advice or direction? We need all the "direction" we can get as we are totally new to RVs. We are retired and want to take some extended trips in the trailer but need to work it back into shape first. Also, when hooked to tow truck, all lights work EXCEPT tail lights. Is there a fuse panel for the tail lights? Thank You

Fmcnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to Airstreaming. I know you have lots of adventures ahead of you.

The airconditioner has a water drain tube that is supposed to take all the water to the outside, and normally shows up somewhere along the wheel well area. You can usually see the drain tube by removing the inside plastic cover. Like home airconditioners, sometimes that tube gets stopped up.

There is no fuse that I am aware of on the tail light circuit in the trailer. That would be fused in the tow vehicle. You should test at the seven pin connector, vehicle side, to prove the circuit to that point, and if you have voltage there, suspect the trailer side of the connector first.

Good luck with your fix-up.

SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Jerky guy
1973 27' Overlander
Springtown , Texas
The drain pan is probably crack on the a/c unit it's self. As far as the outside should be dripping on top of the left side tire there about! And the running lights you will have to trace,start at the light socket it's self and see if it's hot!
Jerky guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
Nellysford , Virginia
Welcome. I hope we can help, but it's a sure thing someone here can. We had a bit of "drippage" inside this last trip. Turns out the little black hose one can see after removing the "left-side-looking forward" plastic filter cover (just push it far left or right to disengage those little plastic tabs) had a small hole in it just beyond the hose clamp. The guys who replaced our A/C last month must have caught the hose pulling it through. They patched it with a drop of caulk, but that gave way. I wrapped it with duct tape, and it seems to be holding now. So, check out that old hose first. Make sure it's solid. That could be an easier fix than replacing the whole pan. At least we can hope.

Bill Thomas Airstream is about 2 hours East of you in Wentzville on I-70. You might want to give them a call for some TLC:
101 Thomas RV Way
Wentzville, MO 63385
Greg and Linda Heuer
'99 Excella 30 w/HAHA - The Silver Otter
'08 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6 DuraMax
TAC VA-18 | WBCCI 1927 - Unit 149 | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote