Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
New Penguin II installation errors. Did I get ripped?

So, I took my 1966 Globetrotter down to Camper Clinic 2, in Buda Texas to have the Penguin 2 installed.

In order for them to cut the new hole that was needed for the location, and do the install, they charged me somewhere in the neighborhood of $900.

Today, my friend was removing the old entry gasket and putting on the new one. Everything was fine until he sat on the ground, as soon as that happened he was feeling the shocks of an electric current running through the skin of the Airstream. This only happened when the AC was on. As soon as it was off, it stopped.

So it seems a wire somewhere is touching something it shouldn't?

Secondly, after about an hour and a half we were looking at the far side of the Airstream when out of the AC unit came a bucket of water pouring down the side and over the window there. When my friend hopped up on the ladder he could feel the hole where it all came from... Is it possible that they didn't install a drain pipe at all? This isn't how this is supposed to work, right?
AustinToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Folsom , California
Are you certain it only happens when the a/c is on? It's definitely wired wrong of so.

As far as the water, I have a penguin also it drains down the side of the trailer it can come in gushes after you turn it off.
ddstech is offline   Reply With Quote