Old 11-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
Wagon Master
Smile New Carrier A/C

Just finished installing a new Carrier A/C roof top on the '68 GT. 13,500btu, it has a "air shower" an dfront and back oselating vents. Runs on just 13.2A with optional heat strips it runs at 15.3A. The best part is that it was extreamly easy to modify for a drip tube. I had no A/C to start with so I had to fish some 10/2 wire for power and so I also pulled a heavy 1/4"ID braded hosr up as well. $5.00 ( could have been cheaper this plastic but I used Brass fittings) later at an Auto parts store the tube was hooked to the unit and now exits the trailer in the wheel well.

Igor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Acworth , Georgia
Frau Blucher!....EEeehhhehehehhhh

IGOR or is it Igor?

I am curious--did you fish the tubing down through the wall and floor of you unit? Mine leaks down the outside wall which may indicate I need to run a line within the wall cavity. This is a detail I have not observed on other units. Hmmmm?

1979 24' Excella Motorhome
LeeMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:41 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
Question drain tube???????

You have got me scratching my head. I just installed one as well (without the heat strip), but I did not see a drain tube or any mention of it in the installation directions. Where is it? I have run it and not noticed any water leaking.
66 Tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:43 PM   #4
Wagon Master
A/C drip tube

The drip tube was the easy. I had the counter out ( nearly everything was out to recover the floor) so I took a few rivits out of the wall and fed a fish up to where the A/C was going to be and pulled a tube through the wall. The other end I drilled into the wheel well put a gromit in the hole and pushed the tube through to the out side. It is hidden in the wall.

On the Unit if you take the cover off you will see a black tray under the condenser. This runs down right side of the a/c. The water will make its way to the back where the fan is and drip out there. Dam up the end of the black tray where it ends. Now oll you water is held in the tray. Drill a hole near the dam and attach a fitting for the water to get in to the tube.

For the fitting I used : 1 1/4x1/4 NPT female/female 90
1 3/8x1/4 NPT female/male adapter
1 1/4x1/4 NPT male/hose barb
2 1/4 O-Rings

Drill holes in all sides (6) of the adapter (3/8 end). Slide 1 O-ring over the 1/4" end of the same fitting. Drill hole through the black plastic and through the metal base of the a/c unit just large enough for the 1/4" end passes through. Thread the 1/4xbarb in to the 1/4x1/4 90. Now thread the 90 to the 1/4" male end of the adapter that is sticking through the botton of the unit and attach the hose the the barb (I used 1/4" I.D. hose there for the barb is 1/4"). Just make shure that the O-ring is compresed between the 3/8 end ot the adapter and the tray. This will give you a water tight seal. You can use the second o-ring on the botton side of the unit if you want but I don't think it is needed.

The idea is to have the water enter through the 6 holes drilled in to the 3/8 end of the adapter and gravity takes over.

I should have taken a pic but now it is hidden away

Igor68 is offline   Reply With Quote