Old 04-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1966 17' Caravel
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via AIM to kitchenclose
Need suggestions for a 1966 Caravel 17' catalytic heater

Does anyone have a suggestion about which catalytic heater would work best in a 17' Caravel?

I'm thinking of the Wave6 or Wave8 but Wave10 has the Oxygen Depletion Sensor.

Also do you know the working radius of these heaters? For example, if the heater was installed underneath the sink and I was preparing food by the sink and the heater was on, How close can I stand by the heater without getting scorched?

kitchenclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I had a catalytic in a Bambi, and I thought they got awful hot. I wouldn't want one right under the sink.

I replaced the original heater in the caravel with a new furnace like they have in the new Bambis. It fit in the same spot and works great, though the fan is noisier than the old heater which didn't have a fan. Still, we love the thermostat and auto start features, and are very happy with it after two seasons.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote

1966, 1966 caravel, caravel

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off