Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
Need help with A/C

Our front (Zone 1) unit quit cooling or heating last week. Fan blows but that is all. I tried resetting but no change. I ran diagnostics and it shows Zone 1 Temp Sensor open or missing. I called AS and was referred to Dometic and was told that the Zone 1 temp sensor actually uses the t-stat and I was told to replace the CCC2 control on the wall. I did that and there was no change. I ran a new communication (phone) wire between CCC2 panel and connector in ceiling. No change. I have studied all the info I can find and everything indicates that there is no remote temp sensor for Zone 1, but one can be installed as an option. I have ordered a remote sensor but it has been working over two years without one.
I took the trailer to a shop in Montrose, CO and he went into the unit and could not find anything unusual other than some cottonwood pollen.
Is there any way to tell the unit to use the sensor in the wall unit? It appears to default to that. Will it automatically sense the remote sensor when I install it?
Getting back to Texas with only one A/C will not be pleasant.
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
So, no one has any ideas?
Old 06-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Stay on the dometic tech support guys I’d say. Each step of the way call and update them and see what they say, don’t give up too easily on them

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
Made it home yesterday with 1 a/c. It was not pleasant. We only had two stops where it was close to 100. So glad the bedroom unit was working. After replacing the ccc2 control and the board on the unit and checking the wiring, I gave up. Supposed to take it to Vogt on Friday. Other than the a/c, the trip was great. We were lucky that we avoided most of the severe weather and we only had 3 days where the smoke from the 416 fire near Durango was noticeable in Ouray.
We had never been to southwest South Dakota and it was great. Custer State Park and Needles Highway were the high points. The pine bark beetles are really doing a lot of damage in Custer State Park and they are really working to control them.
The drought in CO is severe. Both Blue Mesa Resevoir and Ridgeway Resevoir are down about 40 feet. Never seen islands in them before.
It’s good to be home!