Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
Old Sailor

1983 34' Excella
Victoria , Texas
My single roof mount A/C unit needs a friend

I bought my '82 Excella in Kentucky a couple of years ago and it has a single Carrier rooftop unit over the kitchen area. I understand Carrier is out of the RV A/C business so I'm looking for a replacement, possibly two units. This one might have done the job in Kentucky but South Texas summers are a different animal and pretty well makes my trailer worthless in the summer.

I had given some thought to mounting a split system on the front but since my batteries are mounted on the hitch, that pretty well rules that plan out.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what would be the best A/C unit to install to help the Carrier out until it dies. When it does, I'll replace it as well. I have an overhead vent over the living area that I would probably use for the new unit.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
"Mollie Bug" The Boston Terrier
WBCCI #4456 - Born to Cruise
McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote