Old 11-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1972 25' Tradewind
Madison , Wisconsin
AC Drains

I used to wonder about my old AC drainage on to the roof. I even tried to ream out the drain hose. When I replaced the AC last year I discovered I had an aftermarket AC that was never set up for the drain. I put a Coleman Mach 1 in (12500 btu). It is not set for drainage into the tube. After some condensate showing up by the door I realized this would need to be remedied.

I thought I had it done by draining the inside pan--WRONG! There are two drain points on the Coleman. I will need to mark the roof at both drains, pull up the AC (may have to buy a new gasket when I do that), drill two holes, run a tube to each drain, make a connection, T the two drains then hook up the drains. In additon to grommets and sealing the hole it should be a piece of cake

I am not looking forward to this. I still wonder how much the bead ofsikaflex I ran over the awning rail had to do with the channeling, when I removed the bead, water went through the rail and ran down the side as it had in the past. Probably time for some Acyl-R in all of the seems.

A bit off subject, you can skip this part (rant)--- but I just saw the news as I write this, and two articles stood out----1 Big manufacturers hiring illegals, and 2 the kids coming back from the war are well over 11 % unemployed. A significant number though not all, businesses - sure don't mind making these kids pay for their businesses right to operate, but the kids are then garbage when they want a job. An illegal will help corporate profits. A Vet especially an injured one; vs corporate profits---sorry vets but the million dollar VP bonus is far more important... Makes me sick! I see some of these kids at VA, many of them will keep on paying for others---for the rest of their lives. To those that have the opportunity, please give one of these kids a break (I should not say kids, but I am over 60 so give me that break)

I noticed this news more than some because I just had two discs removed (third cervical spine operation---second that is a two procedures for one slice) due to an old service injury that deteriorated more and more over time---this time I got some titanium armor! I am not a hero or anything like that---I got hurt stateside -- just that a bad day in the airborne, tends to be a really bad day, thankfully most of those days were very good days.

I know I will get my Airstream flagpole brace replaced so I can once again-fly the flag Inland Andy gave me.

Back on subject--I apologize to those that are offended by this sort of rant as it is out of place as well as off subject - something of the moment - and will not happen again.

When installing an AC, investigate the drains location so you can fabricate a connection.The drain hose is there, between the skins, even w/o a factory installed AC. The only draw back to my AC is that it is taller than the previous unit...but then my Yamaha 2800 powers it with amps left over.

Smokin Camel is offline   Reply With Quote