Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Havelock , North Carolina
Hydro Flame furnace blower quit working won't start

I have a Atwood Hydro Flame 8525 IV that just failed. I had been using it off and on because i keep the heat on when its in the driveway and the temps drop. Yesterday when I went to check I heard the blower start then shut off after 5 seconds with a series of "clicks" about 10 seconds later it would do the same. It did this several times then nothing happens. I shut the TS off and then on, nothing still. Checked the fuse OK.
Checked the board with a meter and showed power to the power spade 13.6V. Turned the TS up and showed 13.6V at the blue wire at the white pins. Check the power out to the blower and reads 0V so is it safe to assume the onboard motor relay is toast?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00059-20100103-1150.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	93414  
nsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spring Hill , Florida
There's a fan switch in the circuit and if that isn't closed by the air flow, the burner won't come ON.
zekethebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
I should clarify, the blower (fan) does not come on at all. Power to the board, no power out to the blower.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Thought I would pass along.
Found out what the problem was. I took the board out and bench tested it inside the house and the relay worked and powered the fan terminal. Went outside connected it up to the furnace and it didn't work at all, no click no led. Checked voltage, all within range. Next brought in in the garage connected it to a jump pack and still not working. Heated it with a snap torch and it started working...
Placed it back in the airstream -not working, hit it with a hair dryer and it snapped on.
Whats wrong about a heater not working in the cold It doesn't like the 20 degree temps any more than I do.
I ordered a new board from Dinasour Electric.