Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
I use one of these Honeywell oil radiators that I got at WalMart about three years ago. The digital thermostat works well and makes getting the right temperature much easier than a "Warmer-Cooler" knob type.

It keeps my 34' Excella pretty warm here in Little Rock, not quite as cold as in the mountains. I do use the heat pump in my AC too. Also have an electric blanket and turn the head down a little at night.

Another note, it is much easier to keep it in the 60s than the 70s.

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1964 26' Overlander
Bentonville , Arkansas
It worked

Last night it got down to the high 30's so I set the heater up in the camper for a test run. I am using a 1500W Oil radiator that I had on hand. I ran the heater on high, no fans, and nothing on in the camper. This morning the AS was a nice 68 degrees.

I think that one heater, a big blanket and my MR. Buddy to help knock the chill off the cold camper will work great. I am looking at a forced air electric heater to help with some directional warmth, but I am pleased with the test run.

Ginder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2011 30' Classic
West Linn , Oregon
We are interested in a free standing electric space heater. Found the H-2 Vorando highly recommended. Opinions? ( Vornado EH1-0034-06 AVH2 Vortex Full-Room Electric Heater: Kitchen & Dining: Reviews, Prices & more)
Zigidachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
I use the Vornado in my home, it heats up my whole living room in no time when I don't want to heat up the entire house. If you want to get toasty warm quick, just point it right at you.
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #19
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
For my traylah I have the King Electric HFC which has several advantages over the Vornado:

1. It won't tip over because of its shape.
2. It is more suited visually to use on a tabletop, which in an RV is probably the safest place for a heater, especially in the bedroom.
3. I would guess that it is quieter although since I don't have a Vornado I don't know. The HFC is extremely quiet.
4. It uses up less than half as much space when stored
5. Has a longer cord (probably, the HFC's cord is unusually long)

Pretty much all plug-in electric heaters sold in the U.S. put out the same amount of heat, 1500 watts or so, so that isn't really a consideration.

I use it in the bedroom in addition to the permanently installed wall heater I mentioned upthread.

Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote