Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #1

1971 31' Sovereign
sautee nacoochee , Georgia
HELP, On Armstrong AC Thermostat

HI,
I have a 1971 Airstream Sovereign with the original Armstron AC, model no TR21-12. I am replacing the original thermostat. The new one I bought is a white rodgers. The white rodgers thermostat has terminal that have designators such as w,rc,rch, b,y,etc. My rv has a brown,black,red,and green wire. I do not have a clue on which terminals to connect these 4 wires to. Can anybody help me on this? Thanks for your time.
Matt
mburgess1431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburgess1431
HI,
I have a 1971 Airstream Sovereign with the original Armstron AC, model no TR21-12. I am replacing the original thermostat. The new one I bought is a white rodgers. The white rodgers thermostat has terminal that have designators such as w,rc,rch, b,y,etc. My rv has a brown,black,red,and green wire. I do not have a clue on which terminals to connect these 4 wires to. Can anybody help me on this? Thanks for your time.
Matt
Welcome to the forums.
If you can wait until tonight, I can take a photo of our thermostat, with the wire colors visible and the connectors labeled.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #3

1971 31' Sovereign
Thanks

Terry,
That would be awesome. This thing has me at the end of my rope. Thanks so much. Matt
Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Terry,
That would be awesome. This thing has me at the end of my rope. Thanks so much. Matt
Strangely enough, I have a photo of it opn my cell phone at work. The colors and letters are as follows, I can still post a photo if needed:
G= black
W= not used
Y= brown
Rh= larger red
Rc= smaller red
Old 05-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #5

1971 31' Sovereign
Thanks

Terry,
Wow and thanks. Did yours have a green wire? Im assuming you had two red wires? Thanks
Matt
Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 AM   #6

1971 31' Sovereign
AC Wiring

Terry,

If it isn't too inconvenient,can I take you up on the picture. I hate to have to ask,but just really struggling with this thing and I have to have it finished by Thursday night.
Thanks Again
Matt
Old 05-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Terry,

If it isn't too inconvenient,can I take you up on the picture. I hate to have to ask,but just really struggling with this thing and I have to have it finished by Thursday night.
Thanks Again
Matt
I knew I should have gone ahead and snapped a photo of it last night. I'll post a pic tonight.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
College Station , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Strangely enough, I have a photo of it opn my cell phone at work. The colors and letters are as follows, I can still post a photo if needed:
G= black
W= not used
Y= brown
Rh= larger red
Rc= smaller red
I am so glad I found this post. We purchased our '72 Overlander 8 days ago and the A/C thermostat was not hooked up. The guy said he had been using a portable unit inside and hooked it up to a replacement thermostat. I thought we were taken advantage of until I got the right combo that you provided here. It will be much easier to get in it and work in this Texas heat now that it will be cooling.
agdadof4 is offline   Reply With Quote