Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Girl Power!

Ancient joke: What are the three fastest ways to get a news item spread around?
Answer: Telegraph, Telephone and Tell A Woman.

I'll never lodge a complaint again without showing up with a laptop and a wireless internet connection plus half a dozen good forums and government website. I love to watch the bullies cringe!

In the words of a friend who is a Seal Operator: When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

You GO Girls! Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybillrae View Post
Well, Jill went to bed (she works night shift as an RN) after we got home with her trailer. I'm giving the report for her: We went to the AS dealer & first toured the new AS's--that was GREAT fun! Then we got up our nerves to go & get the trailer. Jill trailed behind me, not ready for a confrontation. I told the man that we were there to pick up Jill's trailer & he began to look up her bill. I told him that I didn't think she should be responsible for any bill since the a/c was under warranty. He said that it took so long to diagnose the problem & Dometic would only pick up part of the hours that it took that he was trying to recoupe some of the difference from Jill. I then used Bob's quote & told him that Jill shouldn't be responsible for the cost of educating the techs! He flinched at that one! Then he said "Okay, I guess I'll take it off." YEAH! Something FINALLY went her way with this dumb a/c! She thanked him, I told him to go after Dometic for what they owe him (and told him that more than once). Dometic has the absolute worst customer satisfaction I've seen recently. We spent literally hours on the phone with them to resolve this issue while we were camping, with no satisfaction. Jill still has to try to be reimbursed from the tech up in Michigan (another frustration to come). I know that the AS dealer also spent tons of time on the phone with them. The a/c needed an adjustment that probably took the tech 10 minutes to do, but Dometic took forever to diagnose the problem. They should know their a/c's & symptoms perfectly! Well, at least today ended well!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
And the final update on Jill's Dometic Penguin low profile a/c.....
The entire unit shut down when the set temperature was reached. I have a Coleman on my trailer & the fan runs continuously and the compressor turns on & off for temperature control. Jill spoke with the people in Elkhart, IN where she purchased the a/c. The lady there referred her to an a/c expert in the area (the mecca of almost all SOB trailers) & he told her that was NOT how the unit was supposed to operate. He got a new interior guts from Dometic & sent them to Jill. My husband installed it (just some screws & wires) and it now operates as it should.....continuous fan & compressor turning on & off to control the temperature. This concludes almost 1 year of fooling with that a/c!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote