Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #1

1994 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Heating Duct Schematic

Does anyone know where we can get a schematic showing how the heating ducts are connected? We have a duct coming into the bathroom, but no heat there. We need to find out where it's supposed to be connected and how to access the ducts.

Thanks,
Micki

Old 05-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
Micki,
I have the same issue on our '07. I can feel a little air movement, but nothing like the other vents.
When I had the furnace installed (it had been removed as ours was used as a corp product display), the mechanic told me the 2" duct must go to the bathroom as it went under the floor. I pulled the bathroom vent out and find there is a hollow void in the wall, but no duct.
I'm assuming the 2" duct is used to heat the tanks and possibly vents into the bath.
It's not a big deal to me, so I didn't pursue it further, but now you've got me curious.
Bob

Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #3

1994 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Hi Bob,
We have heat coming from the two vents in the hall outside the bathroom and are wondering if the bath duct has disconnected somewhere. If so, can we get to this to reconnect it or is this one of those things only a mechanic can do? Hope not. I'll just open to door to the BR to heat it. But I was curious if we're getting any draft from a disconnected vent tube. If that's the case, maybe we should cover the vent opening.

If you find out, let us all know.

Micki
Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
same trailer, same issue here. i also have almost no heat in the rear twin bedroom.

the duct runs from the furnace along the floor to the rear.

if you lift the panel inside the floor of the cabinet under the pull out drawer. you will see some of the vents splitting off. (my panel has a thumb hole in it)

also, if you open the panel to access the water pump inside the wardrobe you can see more ducting.

sorry, this is as far as i got :-(
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #5

1994 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Hi Rick,
I checked ours. We have a small cabinet door, near the floor, across from the shower, and another across from the refrigerator, under the trash and canned goods storage "drawer". We can see the ducts, some 2" and some 4" or whatever the bigger ones are. Can't tell if the one going to the BR is intact and clogged, or torn/split as no damage shows from any place we can see. I'm not pulling the floor up. I need a long dusting snake to put down the duct from the BR opening. With my luck I'll clear out the clog and rip the thing to shreds.

Thanks,
Micki

Tags
duct, heat, schematic, vent