Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Castaic , California
Heating/Air on a 2010 International

Hoping someone can offer some advice.

I set the thermostat program 1 to 72 degrees and 2 to 74 degrees. Wanted to make sure it switched over ok. All good, but now I have water on the floor under the air conditioning unit. I know sometimes it uses hear from that unit. Is it condensation? I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but with heat and air I'm sort of a moron.

Please help!
AirHeadRik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
I just had mine repaired for that. It was a cracked plastic condensate pan under the air conditioner. It would also drip when it rained (depending on wind, etc.). You may also want to give the three hold down bolts a turn or two, but don't overtighten! They are not meant to be very tight. Check Dometic documentation for specs and procedures.

Before it cracked, I did have occasional drops of water under the AC when the outside weather was rather humid and cool, and door/windows frequently open. Excess moisture was condensing on the cold inner surfaces of the AC unit.

If I were in your shoes, I'd watch it for further drips, especially when it rains, or humid weather w/ AC use. Mine would take more than an hour of use to start the dripping. If it drips, suspect strongly the condensate drain pan. This seems to crop up as a frequent problem. If its under warranty, confirm problem and take it in for repair.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote