Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1963 16' Bambi
Philadelphia PA, and Takoma Park MD
Send a message via AIM to roadtrip07
Heater Removal - Bambi

i have a 63 bambi that i'm working on, and i bought a nice compact ceramic space heater that im sure is more efficient/less dangerous than the orginal heater in my bambi, plus it doesnt require any fixing or anything. i've been considering removing the whole should i do this? is it propane? if so, is there some valve i should shut off so i dont disrupt the propane lines? should i even remive it at all, or just let it sit there? thanks....

roadtrip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Space heater

Hello roadtrip07, We have a 63 Bambi also. I am in the process of restoring at this time. You might like to look at my thread "Floor Replacement 63 Bambi". Where did you get your ceramic heater and what does it look like and what fuel? Could ad some pictures.
Thanks NorCal Bambi

NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
I just took mine out of our 61 Overlander. I started by turning off the propane tanks. I then took off the shroud or cover, mine had 4 screws. There were about 6 or 8 screws holding the unit to the cabinets, remove these. I then disconnected the propane connector at the bottom of the unit near the thermostat control. I cut of the the treaded nipple then push the copper tube through the bottom the the trailer. I then disconnected the vent on top the trailer and pull the vent pipe up through the top of the trailer. There were 2 scews holding this on. I then pulled the whole unit out of the cabinet, it was a tight fit.
I now have to seal up the top where the vent pipe was with some Aluminum, vulkum and rivets. This will have a nice clean look. Now most importantly I have to go under the trailer and cap off the propane line that went to the heater. I'm going to replace it from the main line while I'm there.
That's as far as I got, I hope I did not leave anything out! Check out all the other threads they are extremely helpful and come from people with more experience than me.

Good Luck

airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
1977 27' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to dustyrhodes
Propane heat

I am contemplating removing my heater, I have a furnace with ducts and a catlytic heater and think there must be a more efficient way to heat the silver bullet. Any thoughts on pros and cons of doing so? I also found 2 hoses that go from the ducts under the bathtub through the floor. Does anyone know the purpose of these ducts. I am concerned that they may be what keeps the tanks warm and am concerned that removing the forced air furnace will result in frozen tanks, well when I leave Alabama anyway.
dustyrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote