Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Middletown , California
I'd try warming the circuit board with a hair dryer to confirm that symptom and then check all connections at board. If there are no loose connections you probably need a new circuit board. My Suburban furnace has a problem where it won't do anything unless the trailer is cold, then it works fine. It's like there is a thermostat built into the circuit board, but I highly doubt that; I think the circuit board is on it's way out. The circuit boards do go bad now and then, but sometimes the problem can be something like a dead bug in the wrong place or a birds nest in the air tube. Careful observation and inspection can really help. I will try a dinosaur board when I need a new one.
ijustlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:17 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Kalamazoo , Michigan
JBB...

Are you on shore power when this happens? We had one episode where the burner refused to stay lit due to low battery voltage.

Tom

PS..I bought a new board and the parts guy said I could return it if that was not the cause, which it turned out to be. I think you can find them online for 80-100 bucks, also.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
TomS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Started a short thread about burner replacement, and posted some photos and a brief how to for that problem, which also came up on the road.

Search "erratic".

FYI.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
TomS is offline   Reply With Quote