Old 11-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2008 31' Classic
Lake Charles , Louisiana
Furnace Will Not Come On

We have a 2008 Classic 31 and started having furnace issues last winter. We have dual AC's which have heat pumps besides the furnace. Last Nov. we used the trailer while having some work performed in our house. We noticed the furnace would often fail to come back on after it had kicked off. Due to not having time to look into the problem I just switched to one of the AC units and we used the heat pump. Several days later I noticed the AC would not always come back on and the furnace failed to function at all. So we resorted to the other AC heat pump which functioned fine for the remaining duration we were in the trailer (total of about two weeks). Well..... now I'm finally getting around to looking into the problem. We have the Comfort Zone Duo Therm thermostat and I had suspected it may be bad. I purchased a new one and the results are the same on both thermostats. Today I opened the exterior cover on the furnace and noticed several dirt dauber nest inside the heater exhaust tube. Didn't suspect that was an issue but I have cleaned all of it out. The electronics board doesn't show any corrosion and all of the wiring and connections appear to be fine. Any suggestions on what to look for? I've put the furnace setting up to 80 on a 45 degree day and nothing happens. Thanks in advance...... Steve

Steve & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2007 30' Classic
Albuquerque , New Mexico
The mud dauber nests can prevent the "sail switch" from working. That's a big deal. The furnace will not lite if the flow of intake or exhaust combustion air is impeded.
Ken L
2007 Classic Limited 30 (Sold)
2007Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #8654, Affiliate NM Unit
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote