We cranked heater in March and it worked fine.
I noticed a the air seemed to have an odor of overheating.. After the initial burn flash where dust is vaporized..
At front of kitchen, street side is the furnace. There is an air gap under the counter the kick where the return air apparently is pulled. It was there I found my wife's dog toy obscuring the opening.
I removed the toy and the smell dissipated.
The ductwork doesn't seem affected.
Is there something else y'all recommend I check prior to firing up again?
Peace and Blessings..