Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
1963 16' Bambi
1971 21' Globetrotter
Marbletown , New York
Furnace Problem

I replaced the furnace in my 31' a few years ago. I have converted the A/S to a small woodworking shop. I produce a lot of sawdust. Over the years I have had continuing problems. In all cases the work was done by a Suburban repair guy. One problem was repaired with a new "board". Last year it was a high limit switch. This year the same, limit switch. I will thun the thermo to about 65 and the furnace comes on and it blows hot air as it is supposed to but only for about 15 minutes not long enough to get up to temp. the points on the thermo are still closed. If I then turn the thermo. down and then back up it starts and runs again for 15 or 20 minutes. The temp outside is in the mid 20's and eventually the A/S gets up to temp.
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Stone Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
Are the vents or intake plugged with sawdust? It may be hitting the high limit and shutting off.
ventport is offline   Reply With Quote