Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #1

2007 25' International CCD
Los Olivos , California
furnace not lighting

Hello,
I have a 07 International. The heater does not work. Pilot tries to light and I smell propane. Unit burns for about 5 seconds and shuts off. Have LED blinking 3 times. Cleaned spiders out with vacuum and compressed air, all the way into vent. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you.
Dennis E.
Dennis E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard....

Sure there's no mud-dauber nests down there...

Ours was hidden at the very back of the vent tube. Had to break it up with a long spike and vacuum out the pieces with a small hose taped to the shop-vac nozzle.
Missed it completely the first time I checked.

Bob
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Cruisin , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis E View Post
Hello,
I have a 07 International. The heater does not work. Pilot tries to light and I smell propane. Unit burns for about 5 seconds and shuts off. Have LED blinking 3 times. Cleaned spiders out with vacuum and compressed air, all the way into vent. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you.
Dennis E.
Dennis,I work on house furnaces for a living, I am not familiar with your furnace but from what you said it sounds like a dirty flame sensor in home furnace. In those furnaces in it looks like a 1/8" steel rod that sits in the flame to prove the burner has lit. If it senses no flame it shuts the gas off. If you are comfortable with taking it apart you can polish it with fine emery cloth, otherwise bring it to a rv shop.

https://tinman54.blogspot.com/
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f228...tml#post616014
tinman54 is offline   Reply With Quote