Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1969 27' Overlander
Wichita , Kansas
Furnace and Hot water heater complete

Hi folks, sorry that i have not logged in much last year. in and out of the hospital. I am in need of a furnace and hot water tank. I have tried to seek out the classified ads can not get through to anyone. Can anyone lead me to the site or even used that is in good working condition. 1975 31 foot Sovereign curbside bathroom..

Airdaddy
Wichita, Kansas
316-258-5158
dewingard@cox.net
Airdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Airdaddy,

I hope that your health has stabilized for you and that things are looking up.

While there probably is a water heater and a furnace out there sitting quietly on someone's shelf, gently used, only on Sundays, and kept indoors so that nothing rusted out and started to leak air (furnace) or water (heater), BUT:

we both know how likely that is. They are something that people generally don't change because they want a newer more glitzy one. They change because they have passed their useful service life.

However, the water heater is the least risky one to find and use, since it can only wet your floor (don't ask how I know that ) but a furnace is a bit more tricky: LP gas being used when you're there, possibly sleeping.

Maybe Colaw's has them, might be worth checking...?

They are both pricey items to buy new though, so I wish you the best of luck finding good used ones.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1969 27' Overlander
Wichita , Kansas
Thanks for the speedy reply. I really wasn't thinking when I said used. The items I need really should be replaced with new ones just for safety alone. Didn't know if there was a better brand over all to replace the original factory equipment.. However I appreciate the info given. Thanks once again

Airdaddy
Wichita, Kansas
Airdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Oh, well, that's fine, no problem. I bought a 10 gallon manual light water heater from Camper's World on sale for $399, but check PPL, they often have good prices on them, too. In fact, their prices on furnaces aren't too bad, either.

There is another company that also makes trailers and sells new parts for them too, who often have very good prices on furnaces, and I -think- it's Palomino RV. Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong?

Let us know how it works out.

Tags
1975 sovereign, furnace, water heater