Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bonny River , New Brunswick
Duo-therm Model 59146.331 diagnosis problems!

It has been awhile since I posted last....and there has been zero change in the status of my trailer reno's but last year we had a tech look at the heat pump as we do use the trailer in its current condition. It turned out one of the tubes was broken and the reversing valve was shot. We replaced the reversing valve with a Ranco V2-408060-170 with solenoid and...since all the refrigerant had leaked out before we had the trailer....made the "sealed" system into a refillable by adding a filler to the crimped end of the tube.

so...after all that when we call of cold we get heat, lots and lots of heat, and the bottom of the "radiator" at the back of the unit frosts up, only the first 2" up from the roof. When we call for heat we get ambient air temp. I put a set of gauges on it and the suction was at 120 psi (33 degrees C....90+ F) without the unit being on when we called for cold it sporadic but still in the 70-90 psi range. I left it on all night to see if it would sort itself out and in the morning the suction psi was steady at 26. I put my little ohm meter (set at 1K) on the solenoid leads and it went of the chart when I went to 10K the needle didn't even wiggle.

I'm not sure if the tech fried the R valve when he installed it or if there is another issue.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Rob
Rob&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote