Old 08-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
Austin , Texas
I am having trouble visualizing what you are describing. Do you have a diagram or photo? What is a plenum?

yve79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Arvada , Colorado
Originally Posted by Cantrell View Post
I am going to investigate the idea of a booster fan at the end of the lounge and bedroom ducts to increase airflow into these two areas.
Check this fan out, it may work as a booster

yellowTAIL™ 4” Blower - SHURflo

Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
1988 34' Limited
1960 24' Tradewind
Mt. Pleasant , South Carolina
Aerowood, thanks. That is about what I need.

Yve, not much to take photos of as it is all embedded in the cabinetry. The return runs behind the shelving in the bathroom cabinet (which goes floor to ceiling). The unit itself sits in that same cabinet about midway. A picture would be just one of insulated sheet metal. I will try to get out there tomorrow and take a picture or two of what I can so maybe you can visualize what we did.

A plenum, in this case, is the fabricated metal box attached to the front of the unit to which the ductwork is attached. The fan fills the plenum with air and the pressure created forces it through the ductwork and vents.
Bill Cantrell
AIR 24338
Easily distracted by shiny objects.
Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Martinez , California
Two thoughts: in a refrigerated truck trailer the reefer unit is on the front wall, outside. Inside the trailer the reefer is connected to a cloth duct that runs the entire length of the trailer, and has cloth vents that are held shut with velcro and can be opened or closed, to direct the air where you want.

Any A/C tech will tell you that ideally the condenser should be located in a shady spot, yet on trailers they are located in the hottest and most shadeless spot possible, the roof. Mitsubishi makes a 110 volt split system for cooling a small room. The main part of it is outside; there are two approximately 2" diameter lines that carry the cooled freon thru the wall and to the inside cooling unit. The inside unit is very small (about the size of the controls and vents on a window A/C) and can be mounted directly to the wall. If someone could come up with a way to mount the outdoor half on the tongue of the trailer I think you'd have a great system.
Mr.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
Wimberley , Texas
I may be nuts, but, I have been tinkering around with the idea of a split system. James Bond style. The idea is to make an access door on the back of the trailer that folds down, then the outside unit would pull out about 12". Would need automotive style rubber a/c hose at the unit to be able to slide unit in and out. Very stelth looking when not in use.
danimal327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #20
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
If you search for the thread on Smokeless Joe's similar conversion you'll find some ideas and tips.

Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote