Old 08-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
drip- drip-drip-drip-drip....

Just the other (hot) day we were running the AC unit and you all know condensation happens sometimes depending on the weather...well I know (even though I have never looked) that water dripping from the AC happens to be coming from under the outside wall, and I figured there must be a drip line there...then YESTERDAY it started dripping here in the inside from the unit....alot! I figure the drain is slightly plugged up. Where do I look to find it? And what do we do to help restore it to where it won't allow AC water to drip...drip...drip inside?!

Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
On the '73, it's just forward of the street side wheels about a foot. If the camper isn't level, it will leak to the inside. Bees will sometimes plug up the end of it. You can clear it with a coat hanger or something similar if the blockage is at the end of the tub.

It's also possible that you have stuff "growing" in the drain pan on the inside at the bottom of the coils.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
The first thing to try before removing the air distribution box, is to feed a piece of weed whacker string all the way up from the bottom and then cut it, chuck it up in a screw gun and rotate it for a bit to try to open the plug up.

If that doesn't work then you've got to get at the catch pan drain outlet, which could mean dropping the air distribution box, though on my Dometic Penguin I can get to the outlet through an air intake opening enough to slide the hose off of the outlet, feed a short piece of line into it and jab around until I break the clog.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
On the '73, it's just forward of the street side wheels about a foot. If the camper isn't level, it will leak to the inside. Bees will sometimes plug up the end of it. You can clear it with a coat hanger or something similar if the blockage is at the end of the tub.

It's also possible that you have stuff "growing" in the drain pan on the inside at the bottom of the coils.

Jim
I will go out there and look and will look around for the weed eater cord..Thanks! Hows the weather over there in Ga. I was raised up in Miss.