Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Drain adapter for LoPro Carrier A/C

Installed new Carrier 13.5 LP AC , have 1/2" drain hose installed. The Owner's Guide for Ceiling unit shows a optional drain adapter, which does not come with unit. Have talked to several Carrier dealers and they do not know what I am referring to. Has anyone else had this problem and can the proper drain adapter be obtained from somewhere ? Thanks

Thom Bradley
1965 Globetrotter
thombrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

I called the phone number on Carrier's shipping ticket and the person there knew exactly what I wanted . She shipped it right out with no cost. Problem solved.

Thom Bradley
1965 Globetrotter
Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Thumbs up Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by thombrad
I called the phone number on Carrier's shipping ticket and the person there knew exactly what I wanted . She shipped it right out with no cost. Problem solved.

Thom Bradley
1965 Globetrotter
Hi Thom,

Welcome to the forums, too. I plan to upgrade to a Carrier 15,000 unit as soon as finances allow. I’ll keep this in mind when I do. Can you supply the number here?

Vaughan
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

The part # number is 34-500-74-00. The phone number is 717 767 3328. This part is only used for the Low Profile model. The standard model uses "Slinger Tech " ( no drain hose )

Thom Bradley
Old 07-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Thanks Thom,

I am not sure whether I will go standard or low profile. I have seen other threads that suggest the “Slinger Tech” does not work as well in high humidity, resulting in drainage down the side of the coach.

Vaughan
Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
Aluminum Addict

Gastonia , North Carolina
Heat Pump Model

If I remember correctly, the heat pump model has a drain adapter also. It is a low proflie unit. The Carrier brand is a good choice. I hope it keeps you and the AS cool.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Thanks again,

Vaughan
Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #8
1978 Argosy

1979 30' Argosy
Prague , Oklahoma
optional drain adapter Carrier

Thanks Thom for the heads up with all P/N and phone # for carrier drain adapter I am starting installation of a 15,000 btu low pro A/C you have saved me a lot of time . again thanks
Bill
405billc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Don't Forget.................

that when you install a Carrier Air V lo-profile model, there are 2 drain holes already present in the evaporator drip pan that will channel the condensate on to your roof. These holes must be plugged for effective use of the center drain and fitting for complete draining thru your internal drain hose.

To access these holes, you remove the shroud and then remove the plastic cover over the evaporator section (front cover) by removing the hold-dowm screw at the capacitor cover (left side facing the unit) and then unclipping the entire cover. The drain holes will be at either side of the white plastic pan beneath the evaporator coils. The center hole (which needs to be drilled out) will also be obvious at this point.

Use SikaFlex or Vulkem to plug the holes (NO SILICONE!). I put a piece of aluminum tape across the bottom of the holes to provide a base so the sealant can set and fill the drain holes. Keep the sealant flush with the drain pan suface so you won't interrupt the flow of the condensate thru the pan.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #10
1978 Argosy

1979 30' Argosy
Prague , Oklahoma
installation carrier 15000 btu

About to install new Carrier 15,000btu Low Profile in a 30ft Argosy, have removed old A/C unit at this point and I need information about bracing and support for the new A/C installation, any one have any good idea about how best to support the new A/C.
PS maybe some body can put togather a complet list of Carrier installation information & also thanks Lew for the heads up about the other dain holes and how to plug or if this is already done where can we find it??
Bill Catlin
Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Hi Bill,

Most of the information about the Carriers I have seen indicates that they are actually lighter than others. If you are replacing an AC, why do you need any additional bracing?

Vaughan
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405billc

About to install new Carrier 15,000btu Low Profile in a 30ft Argosy, have removed old A/C unit at this point and I need information about bracing and support for the new A/C installation, any one have any good idea about how best to support the new A/C.
PS maybe some body can put togather a complet list of Carrier installation information & also thanks Lew for the heads up about the other dain holes and how to plug or if this is already done where can we find it??
Bill Catlin
Get 2" aluminum 'U' channel from a local metals place or from McMaster-Carr. Then cut to size and rivet in it place from both the top and botton skins around the entire 14" X 14" opening. I've done a few of these on Airstreams, so feel free to contact me about specific questions. The bracing and the drain tube attachment are the only real peculiarities with Airstream installs.

If you're replacing an existing unit, it should be a snap. If not, it's a little more involved, but still not rocket science.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #13
1978 Argosy

1979 30' Argosy
Prague , Oklahoma
Brace Carrier A/c

Thanks Lew for taking the time to help , looks like a simple way to brace for the new installation . will pick up the aluminum 'U' channel local 16ft $36.00 bucks ( the smallest amount they sell) and have the a/c by this weeks end or next?
Bill