Old 11-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
Dometic Furnace

I have a 2015 25 foot FB Flying Cloud. I am experiencing issues with my furnace. It comes on for less that thirty seconds and then shuts off. The light on the board indicates an issue with the fan (one flashing light every three seconds).

I have replaced the circuit board and the sail switch to no avail. Any suggestions?

Old 11-16-2019, 11:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Have you checked to see if the fan starts and remains on? If it does, the next thing I'd look at would be the chimney. A bird, squirrel or mud daubers nest could be blocking the exhaust, or leaves and pine needles could clog the top. Wear gloves when cleaning that! Wet leaves are nasty.

If that doesn't solve the problem, go to your propane system. Enough gas pressure? Old hoses from the tank to the regulator? Those need to be replaced every five years. Water in the lines? Listen for burbling or gargling sounds in the line. Propane has some natural moisture and the scent chemical adds more. Drain the line at a low point (gagging happens) and carefully reflare and reconnect the pipe to the main line. (I never reuse the old fitting, but I don't know if I have been overly cautious. Why don't they make a low point drain fitting?)

Old 11-16-2019, 11:04 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Renton , Washington
Open up the furnace and check the sail switch. Ours was dirty with some insulation wrapped on it and Jackson Center replaced it as a precaution. This seems to be a fairly common symptom.
Wconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:09 AM   #4
GLCMRANGER - Sue

2016 25' International
Littlestown , Pennsylvania
Another common problem is WEAK batteries! I'm assuming you're attempting to start the furnace with batteries that read above 12.1? If not,,, the fan will attempt to come on but then quit. I hope I'm not stating the obvious here.
glcmranger is offline   Reply With Quote