Old 06-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #1

2015 27' FB International
Herndon , Virginia
Dometic digital thermostat not reading internal temp correctly

We couldn't get the air conditioner to work and when I looked at the inside temp it was reading 32 deg F. I replaced the thermostat and the new one does the same thing. Reset both the airconditioner and the thermostat several times and no joy.

The heat pump turns on if I set the controller to auto (it's 89 deg inside) so I think the compressor is working.

I have a 2015 27fb signature, single zone system

Any ideas?

Scott

Cave_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
2010 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Toano , Virginia
Did you find out the problem? I'm currently having the same issue. I replaced the thermostat with a new one this morning and it still reads 32.

TinTikiHut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Byron Center , Michigan
This may sound silly, but are you sure it's reading Fahrenheit and not Celsius? 32C would be about 90F.
YippieKiYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
2010 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Toano , Virginia
First thing I checked. Bought a new thermostat as suggested by AS and Dometic and problem still existed. Had a Dometic tech come to the campground and he checked out a lot of stuff before it finally started reading correctly. He wasn't sure what caused the problem or what he did to fix it, but we now have AC..

A quick google search shows where this seems to be a fairly common problem with the new CC2 Dometic thermostat.
TinTikiHut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Byron Center , Michigan
I was hoping it would be that easy. Nothing on the Dometic website, either (only a quick search). There's an e-Mail link and additional contact info at this link. I'd love to hear what you find. https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/support
YippieKiYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
This may seem crazy but I recall a post or two about needing to set the time/day/date correctly on the stat. Not down to the minute maybe, but having the data basically in the ballpark.

Also, did you do a hard reboot of the stat per the Dometic manual? [see search in PS]

I would also flip on and off the A/C 120-volt circuit breaker, as well as all related 12-volt circuit breakers, to see if the stat, furnace and A/C will do some kind of reset.

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- A search in the blue box above for "Dometic stat hard reboot" yields:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dome...=airforums.com

. . . just in case you can see some common thread weaving through the tapestry.

FYI and FWIW.

PS2 -- Any chance your A/C unit itself is failing intermittently? Seems like this is happening quite a bit with newer dometic units, for instance:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f427...ng-171354.html
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:36 AM   #7

2015 27' FB International
Herndon , Virginia
Think I found the problem

ok, here in Florida its really humid. apparently the hole in the wall that the leads to the thermostat allows hot, humid air onto the back of the thermostat. This reacts with the cool, dehumidified air inside the trailer and causes condensation on the thermostat (and thermistor) and thus giving the 32 F reading without an error code or any other indication.

The fix is to block the hole the wires come into with something that doesn't allow the outside humid air onto the back of the thermostat and thus preventing the condensation from occurring.
Cave_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #8

2012 27' FB International
Austin , Texas
Smile Changing time in thermostat controller fix AC.

I just had this same issue today. My internal temp was stuck on 32 degrees, even though its 90 degree outside and feels like 100 degrees inside. Setting the time on the AC controller fixed it, WOW! I never would have thought it mattered, whether the time on thermostat controller was set or not. It instantly fixed the issue. Thank you to all who posted this solution.

I had already tried resetting breaker, hard resetting thermostat, and running fans for an hour, but no luck.

wcprater is offline   Reply With Quote