Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Amarillo , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to pendletonkm
Dometic CCC 2 (Help!) 2011 Int 27FB

Please help someone.

I woke up last night burning up. I got out of bed and looked at my thermostat. A/C was set on cool at 66 degrees on the auto fan option. I knew it was much warmer then 66 degrees and I hit the inside temp button. The inside temp read 29 degrees. Now I know this is impossible because it was 85 degrees outside and I am sweating in my boxers. I began messing with the CCC and I noticed when I turned off all climate functions the CCC read the proper inside temperature, but as soon as I turned it back on cool it went back to reading 50 degrees colder. So, I played with the A/C for about an hour reseting it, physically turning the power off with the breaker, nothing worked. Lucky for me it was down to 70 degrees outside when I gave up and opened the windows, shut the A/C off (hoping it would work this morning), and went back to bed. The problem is my A/C will not turn on because of the false reading on the thermostat, all I get is the fan. What gives?
pendletonkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Amarillo , Texas
Whats even worse is that I full time in my 27FB and I live in Texas. Dang its hot!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Sounds like you'll need to have it looked at. Here's a link to a thread with some issues with the CCC:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f427...des-79282.html
Old 07-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Amarillo , Texas
Well the strangest thing happened. I closed off my bedroom area to get the heat up around the thermostat while I went work, and the indoor temperature went back to normal when I came home for lunch. Hope thats it and it was just a freak thing.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Bradenton and Saluda , Florida & North Carolina
I'll Keep What I Have

I went to the mother ship in June, and contemplated getting the new thermostat that Dometic has paired with the ACs in the new AS. I have a 2011 27FB and it was in between the new switch to a new AC/thermostat that AS was putting into the new units.

They (AS) has tried to put in new thermostats into units with my AC, but have not been successful putting in the new programmable thermos. Dometic told them that a newer AC/thermostat pairing is going into the newer units, and it would not work with mine.

Since hearing of the problems with these units, I am glad that it did not happen, but is there a programmable thermostat that will work with the "older cross-over" units?

Being able to program the AC would be a great help.

Nan
ncbambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Calgary , Alberta
I have the exact thing happening to me in our 30ft international right now.
it is 46 degrees outside and it reads -05 and but won't start the furnace. HP sometimes comes on but never shuts off...

same thing with ours powered off and the inside temp is accurate, turn it on, even in the off mode and temp is -05 (50 degrees off or so)

any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendletonkm View Post
Please help someone.

I woke up last night burning up. I got out of bed and looked at my thermostat. A/C was set on cool at 66 degrees on the auto fan option. I knew it was much warmer then 66 degrees and I hit the inside temp button. The inside temp read 29 degrees. Now I know this is impossible because it was 85 degrees outside and I am sweating in my boxers. I began messing with the CCC and I noticed when I turned off all climate functions the CCC read the proper inside temperature, but as soon as I turned it back on cool it went back to reading 50 degrees colder. So, I played with the A/C for about an hour reseting it, physically turning the power off with the breaker, nothing worked. Lucky for me it was down to 70 degrees outside when I gave up and opened the windows, shut the A/C off (hoping it would work this morning), and went back to bed. The problem is my A/C will not turn on because of the false reading on the thermostat, all I get is the fan. What gives?
alozier is offline   Reply With Quote