Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Albany , Georgia
Dometic Blizzard with a Heat strip?

Good evening all.
I just put a 15000 Domentic Blizzard on our 25 ft tradewind. My goal was to install this with the heat strip controlled by the CCCII thermostat. The thought being, turn on the heat strip when the temp goes below freezing to just keep the inside about freezing (currently done with a space heater).
I called and talked to someone before ordering (did not write down a name) and was told this was good with the part numbers I was ordering, but when I did the AC install, there is no where to plug in the heat strip.
Called the vender today and they called Dometic... this time I was told the heat strip will not work with a Blizzard. part numbers I ordered are:
H541816W *BLIZZARD NXT AC PW W/CCC2
3314850.000 NON DUCTED ADB KIT BRISK
3314082.011 THERMOSTAT, PKGD CCC2-WHI
3314998.000 *HEATSTRIP BRSK 2

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a heat strip working with a 15000 blizzard?
Thanks,
Will
meadowlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:09 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 27' International CCD FB
San Diego , California
When I originally ordered my Blizzard through PPL Motorhome, I was told I could and opted for a heat strip too. Fortunately, I doubled checked the configuration and part numbers through Dometic themselves before anything shipped and was told it was incompatible.

After following up, I do not believe you can opt for a heat strip with the Blizzard.

It's for the better IMO, as the A/C fan is noisy. Hot air being circulated from the top is not ideal either.

I opted for a couple of these from Amazon. Cheap and work great. They have a low and high setting with thermostat, and are unobtrusive plugged directly into the outlets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ASheater.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	343686
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:01 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Albany , Georgia
Thank you for the reply.
It is very dissapointing call and be told one thing, order the parts, and then be told, that is not possible.
It does seem like with the possiblilty of mulpiple zones of the CCCII and the two wires to control a furnace....

Oh well
meadowlm is offline   Reply With Quote