Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2005 16' International CCD
Wimberley , Texas
Tom, you will have to take off the metal plate that is up against the ceiling to see what is going on. Turn off power to the A/C and remove the three screws, two in front and one in back. You may want to use a power screwdriver, they are really long. you should be able to unplug the wire coming down from the unit to the switches and the plate should hang from the power supply so you will be able to see the drip pan. If it is cracked or if the hose bib is broken off you need to repair it. I have read about several products to repair it with, I used marine adhesive silicon. A word of caution, the unit will sit there no problem, but the three screws are all that holds the unit on.

Grumpycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2005 19' Safari
1 , Washington

So, what became of this? I discovered the same sort of crack on my 2005 dometic ac. The drain tube is still connected, but there is a crack in the pan. The difference is that rain water is dripping through the crack, very slowly. What should I use to repair the crack, and is it possible to find a replacement pan? I can't find what part number it is...
Once I repair the crack, should I be looking for a leak from the top of the unit since rain is getting in? Or does rain water normally just drain out of the tube connected. Thanks so much for any response.

Clar7135 is offline   Reply With Quote

air conditioning

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)