Old 03-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
Originally Posted by MAJORJDB View Post
Update #2: Finally got ahold of a Coleman tech, he stated that the Mach 8 (part #47224A876(White) does have the condensate pump which will tie into the drip tube on an AS if "hacked" together (his words,not mine). However, the OEM pan must remain in place as it adjusts for the curvature of the AS roof and the Mach 8 is mounted on top of that.
I thought I read on these forums that folks can double the roof gasket to get a good seal w/o the OEM Pan. Anyone know if that will work with the Mach 8 system? I did order a second gasket just in case. At least I have something inbound to fill the hole in the roof... One day at a time!!!
Thanks for your continued support,
If "hacked" together means that there is a barb fitting supplied in the condensate pump kit that exactly fits the factory drain hose inside the Airstream, then I guess you can hack it.

You're probably not going to need that second gasket. The Penguin drain cup setup requires a second gasket because the tube has to run through the gasket to reach the interior of the coach. My Mach 8 Cub condensate kit (I presume the same kit for all Mach 8's) has the drain tube running into the coach through the return air.

If you remove the Armstrong A/C entirely like I did, you're going to have to build out the 14" opening so it's got some thickness to it aside from the aluminum exterior skin. The AC attaches with four bolts that pinch the ceiling between a supplied metal frame inside the coach and the AC on top. There needs to be some thickness to the roof so it's got something to hold on to. Lots of people use wood for this, but I framed the hole with 1" square aluminum tube.

You asked about the hush kit in another thread. Near as I can tell, it's a different style of fan blade, and my fan blade looks like the new one. So, I'm betting you've already got it if you bought new.

Let me know if you have other questions or you need me to take pictures of something. I don't have my interior skins completely in yet, so I haven't finished my blog post about the interior install.

TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote