Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
corpus christi , Texas
Coleman drain pan

Does anyone know if there is drain pan available for a Coleman AC. Looking to replace the AC on our 1980 Caravelle. The current AC is a Coleman and it drains down the out side so I am guessing there is not one currently on it. Or do I need to go to a Dometic DuoTherm if I want it to drain down the drain tube?
thehandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
You might try searching for AC Drain and A/C drain or "drain pan" using search tab above in blue bar.. There were several threads a couple years ago about drain pans and drain tubes and various options for different brand A/C's.. I am not sure anyone makes new drain pans, but some might be repairable, and I believe also 1 brand uses a "slinger" to disperse condensate without a drain tube...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
corpus christi , Texas
brisk air drain cups

Has anyone tried using the Dometic drain cups that screw onto the bottom of the upper unit on a Coleman Mach 3 13,500 BTU. Thought I read some where that it would work with a little adjustment.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandyman View Post
Has anyone tried using the Dometic drain cups that screw onto the bottom of the upper unit on a Coleman Mach 3 13,500 BTU. Thought I read some where that it would work with a little adjustment.
Dometic part # 3107688.016

They WILL work with any A/C unit when properly installed. You will need an internal drain hose to keep the condensate from draining onto your roof.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
corpus christi , Texas
drain

Working on my 1980 AS Caravelle should be one already in it. Can see a black tube where the ac is now. I have blown air up the drain line that exits in front of the curbside aand can hear it coming out in the ceiling around ac.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
1965 17' Caravel
Memphis , Tennessee
I like the idea. I should have found this before I reinstalled the walls. If this is possible to use the Dometic drain cups on the older Coleman I might try to do this before I get the restoration completed. I did not look for a drain tube though. A thought would be to run a new drain tube a few inches away from the AC to the vent stack pipe. It would just require a hole in the pipe and a little sealer around that. Has anybody done this? If it would work the overflow would flow down into the black tank. Would this work?
Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
corpus christi , Texas
The cups work on the new Coleman I installed. You will need to double up the gasket to make them work. On mine the cups stuck out a little from the AC base maybe 3/8 of inch. So I made covers to keep leaves and such from getting inside and plugging up the drain line. No more draining down the side comes out the drain tube like a champ. Draining in to you tank will just fill it up faster. Here where I live with the high humidity the AC will produce over 1 gallon of water in 8 hours.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
If you are using a new RVP-Coleman A/C unit, they can be ordered with an internal condensate pump that gets directly connected to your internal drain line. This eliminates any external pan or aux. drain kit.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote