Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Coleman AC question

Coleman 13,5K BTU AC

This is the first time I turned on the AC since last fall (well, I did cut it on once during the winter) and it while it's running pretty cold, it doesn't seem to blow as hard. I recall it would blow it further out. Maybe I just forgot how it worked after 6+ months of non-use?

For example now it's 81F outside and I cannot get the inside temperature below 67F after hours of running it on high, is it normal?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Have you cleaned the filter lately? The condensor coils may also need to be cleaned. We also have a Coleman A/C, and it seldom gets below 71 degrees inside when it is over 80 outside.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
I can get 69 degrees out of mine, there are a lot of factors involved in this,how many times the door is opened,window/door seals , also there is a vent in the bathroom to vent the plumbing in cold weather, also cooking . im sure theres more factors, 71 degrees should feel good on a 80 degree day !!!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Just fired mine up today. I needed to exercise my 7500 watt Generac, so I hooked it up to the 'Stream and ran it for about 2 hours. 82 outside, 71 inside. Next project is going to be replacing that battery boiling Univolt. Battery took 3 quarts of distilled water
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
A/C Performance Test

Sounds like it should get the trailer cooler, but here is a simple test to see if the unit is cooling to factory specs. Get a couple of kitchen thermometers. Place one at the cooled air outlet of the unit and the other at the return. Run the unit for a while. There should be a difference between the ambient temp measured at the return and the cool air being blown into the trailer of 18-22 degrees F. If it's in that range, the unit is doing all it should. Look for air leaks, solar heating, and the usual cast of heat generating sources .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto
Coleman 13,5K BTU AC

This is the first time I turned on the AC since last fall (well, I did cut it on once during the winter) and it while it's running pretty cold, it doesn't seem to blow as hard. I recall it would blow it further out. Maybe I just forgot how it worked after 6+ months of non-use?

For example now it's 81F outside and I cannot get the inside temperature below 67F after hours of running it on high, is it normal?
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote