Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

carrier v low cool vs high cool

I'm at a loss on this ac situation on my 79 mh 28'...it seems that my 1 yr old 15000 carrier v cools much better on low cool than on hi...it has never been great compared to the coleman on my fleetwood which was very cool (ac only) it cannot keep up with the texas heat during the late spring...when on hi cool the ac seems to "pulse" as in mmmMMMmmmMMMmmmMMM compared to low cool which is a constant hum inmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...any help or thoughts????thanks joe....
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
That is just the nature of a/c. If you run the a/c in your car on low fan, the air coming out of the vents will be cooler, as it will have more time at the evaporator to absorb the cold.
The "throb" is a sympathetic vibration (oscillation) of the fan at a higher speed.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

thanks Terry...i feel better about this...thought my ac was failing...looks like low cool with an exterior fan is a good idea....i'm adding another ac to the front area of the roof of the mh to run while driving down the road (no dash ac)...joe
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote