Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #1

1973 23' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
Carrier AC Unit Drain Hole

I am in the process of installing a new Carrier 13.5 "non" low profile AC unit in my 1973 Safari. I have seen threads on the forum that you can drill a hole in the pan of the sling wheel and use the existing drain tube. Does anyone have pictures of where they drilled this hole? I thought I actually saw a video of someone doing this on the internet but I cant find it again or maybe I was hopefully wishing. If anyone could point me to a picture of how this was drilled I would greatly appreciate it.
jhonken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonken View Post
I am in the process of installing a new Carrier 13.5 "non" low profile AC unit in my 1973 Safari. I have seen threads on the forum that you can drill a hole in the pan of the sling wheel and use the existing drain tube. Does anyone have pictures of where they drilled this hole? I thought I actually saw a video of someone doing this on the internet but I cant find it again or maybe I was hopefully wishing. If anyone could point me to a picture of how this was drilled I would greatly appreciate it.
The hole is drilled at the bottom of the collector pan.

That's the easy part.

You then must install a connector, so that you can attach the drain hose. Not easily done because of the lack of space.

However, I would suggest you leave it alone, as very rarely will any water overflow onto the shell.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #3

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
What happens if there is no collector pan to drill a hole into under the sling wheel? Does anyone know where to get one?
GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote