Old 09-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
Sean & Sharon
'75 Argosy 24'

FIRST I WANT TO SAY YOU HAVE VERY WELL WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS , AND I FOLLOWED THEM TO A T .
AS WITH LETTING THE STOVE BURNER BURN FOR A WHILE SO AS TO PURGE THE AIR OUT OF THE SYSTEM , AS INSTRUCTED .

BUT AFTER HOLDING IN THE OVER RIDE BUTTON IN , I NEVER HEARD OR SMELLED ANY PROPANE. ANY IDEAS ,
I DID CHECK UNDER THE TRAILER AND ALL SWITCHES ARE TURNED TO THE ON POSITION TO LET PROPANE FLOW AMD I DID CHECK THE OUT SIDE COVER PLATE IS FREE OF ANY OBSTRUCTION.
ANY OTHER IDEAS

Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
WASAGACRIS----REPLY

while holding down the "override button" did you try to light it. Try using a bbq lighter(the long ones).

YES SIR I DID ?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
x

XXXX , XXXX
Well to confirm if you have proane coming to the furnace you will have to slightly disconnect the line from the furnace and listen and smell for propane. First turn off the tanks(cylinders) outside. Light the stove to burn off any propane in the lines. You then loosen the connection of the propane line at the furnace. You will need two wrenches one one the fitting and one on the line so as not to break ant fittings or kink the line. Once the fitting is loose then turn on the tank(cylinder) and go back and check the fitting for propane(sound & smell). If you have propane there then i would suspect the gas valve of the furnace is faulty. Be careful to properly ventilate the trailer and not have any open flame nearby. If you don't feel comfortable I suggest you have a qualified serviceman look at it. Propane can be very dangerous if not handled properly.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
SOUTH ANHERST , Ohio
Sharbours and wasagachris

thanks for all your help you guys , i got the furnace running, i just had to hold the hold down a little longer than 5mins and she came right on .
One last question when it reaches the set temp will the furnace shut off and come on as needed to maintain the desired temp, that is the only thing i did not do . Only let it run for a short while because i am not sure how much propane i have in the tanks .

Again all thanks so much for all your help
Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
x

XXXX , XXXX
Gosman yes as long as the pilot light is burning(light) then the furnace will start and stop as heat is required. If you run out of propane then you will have to light the pilot again. My water heater and furnace were pilot models originally. It's a lot nicer with the DSI (Direct spark ignition) models.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Boerne , Texas
Here's a site for manuals for several different manufacuterers and appliances.

Service Documents

(I don't get any kickbacks)

My NT35K won't light, the fan starts when the thermostat is turned on, I hear the valve (or something) click and I see the spark through the view window. I have to check the burner orfice for mud dobber debris and rust debris. Is there any way to access the orfice without removing the furnace from the cabinet? I stared at it for a while and there doesn't seem to be a way to get into it other than removal.

Thanks,
texascanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
On our older furnace, there's no way to get to the orifice without sliding the furnace out of its cabinet. Fortunately, that's relatively easy to do.

The pilot orifice on ours was two really, really small holes instead of the usual one bigger one. It took an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to get the crud out of those holes so the gas could flow through.