Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
broken AC Switch

Margie got a little strong on the old frail switch and it broke, now I am having difficulty in finding the one like it, does anyone know where I can find this switch? its the one on the right side of this picture that I need.
thank you very much, I tried to use the other one, but I can not fugare out how to put the wires in the right spots. Not a clue
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	85846  
floridartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Is that for the OEM Armstrong?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
OEM ?? Its the switch that controls the AC high medium or low, and the heat
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
Thank you , I guess its back to the Airstream junk yard, I guess if they dont got this part, I could replace the whole box that the switch is in, I think all the plugs will plug into everything I got, and my unit happens to be a Duo Therm Brisk air.
its a little crazy being we got the whole rig ready to roll, then the switch snaped, and that means, no AC , tomorrow is a new day. thanks againg.John
Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridartist View Post
Thank you , I guess its back to the Airstream junk yard, I guess if they dont got this part, I could replace the whole box that the switch is in, I think all the plugs will plug into everything I got, and my unit happens to be a Duo Therm Brisk air.
its a little crazy being we got the whole rig ready to roll, then the switch snaped, and that means, no AC , tomorrow is a new day. thanks againg.John
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.
The Brisk Air is not OEM, that's what I wanted to know.
Since you have the switch out, you can "hot wire" the connection so the fan and compressor will run. Tape the connection, and you can turn it on and off with the breaker. You can fix it properly when you get back from your trip.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Let me jump in here guys...the other day I went to turn off my AC in the morning and when I 'flick' it to the off position, it does not turn off. Any thing I need to know? I will flip it back and forth modestly to see if it is a short, but nothing happens...am I due for a new thermostat?
Old 08-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
Let me jump in here guys...the other day I went to turn off my AC in the morning and when I 'flick' it to the off position, it does not turn off. Any thing I need to know? I will flip it back and forth modestly to see if it is a short, but nothing happens...am I due for a new thermostat?
I answered your question in another thread, but that answer would not be correct if you are still using the original a/c unit with the remote thermostat. If you have the remote thermostat, you probably have a bad switch on it, and replacement is warranted. The good news is, you can use a newfangled digital thermostat for a house to control the a/c unit. It will give you the advantage of the thermostat shutting off everything, including the fan, when desired temp is reached. It makes it quieter in the trailer without the fan running 24/7. I got one of those thermostats at Home Despot for under $20.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Fort White , Florida
Problem fixed, it looks as my switch was way out of date, but over here at Bobs RV in N. FL, I got an old used box with the switch and the controls for $10.00, the plugs are the same, got it all hooked up, and everything works just like it used to, anyway, the new one I got looks like the one on the left side of my picture, and now I have it as a spair. But if its what Redhalk needs, I got it, but it cost me $30.00 bucks, The whole replacement job was not to bad, so its back on the road again with AC, Thank you for your advice,
John