Old 07-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #29
Frank S

1973 27' Overlander
peoria , Illinois
Hi--Considering installing a catalytic heater in my A/S. Have read most of the threads and it looks like Olympian Wave 3 thru 8 are the units of choice. When I go to the big box stores in the fall they all sell similiar catalytic heaters, with similiar outputs, for a lot less money. To me they look the same. All of these units state "Not For RV Use". Can anyone tell me why?? I know this is an old thread, but thought it better to ask my question here, rather than start another similiar thread.--Frank S

Old 07-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
same question

hi- would like to revive Frank's question, and also ask there is any merit to buying one of the many portable cat heaters on ebay, like the ones that work on white gas? Looks like coleman has many models, wondered if they would be remotely safe for daytime use only, just to get the chill off in the morning.?

Old 07-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #31
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphan
hi- would like to revive Frank's question, and also ask there is any merit to buying one of the many portable cat heaters on ebay, like the ones that work on white gas? Looks like coleman has many models, wondered if they would be remotely safe for daytime use only, just to get the chill off in the morning.?
I am not sure about Franks question, never looked at the Cats at Wally World.
tphan ~ we have a Therm'x Cat in our Trade Wind and like it alot. It's mounted next to the sink by the sofa. We will use it on chilly mornings.As far as a portable, why go with white gas? Something else to carry and spill. We had a small coleman space heater that we used when we had a popup. It used a disposable propane bottle and burned very clean. If I was going to get a portable I would go with the propane just because of the spill factor.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote