Old 06-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1971 27' Overlander
1976 Argosy 22
Jackpot , Nevada
Armstrong/Bay Breeze II questions....

Hello all,
Ok, so I think I have found the source of much discontent in my airstream. I believe it is the 40 year old 24/120VAC transformer in my A/C unit. (see pic). The unit hums non stop regardless of whether or not its running, is the transformer a likely culprit?
I have found a variety of similar transformers for sale on ebay, is there anything specific I should be looking for?

In addition to this constant irritation, there is the occational irritation of having to place a pan under the A/C every time it rains to catch the water. for this I understand that I need to replace the rectangular seal between the A/C and the roof...
Now mind you this is a Bay Breeze II, which as far as I can tell does have the standard 14' hole cut in my roof. Is this still one of the "classic" armstrong AC units that is the subject of so many threads? it must be, because its still producing cold air after 40+ yrs!
What do you think? should I bite the bullet & get a new unit or put the time & energy into trying to make it work?
Thanks for any input..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130505_161643_108[1].jpg
Views:	57
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	187288  
crazy.philip is offline   Reply With Quote