Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
Haskell , Texas
Anyone interested in an Armstrong AC

I am going to be at the San Antonio Rally and have an Armstrong AC and some bathroom parts from a 1971 Tradewind if anyone is interested I will bring them. The AC works for a while then quits and after a few minutes you can turn it on and it will cool again. Someone said the extension cord we were using to test it was not heavy enough....I just chose to replace it to be sure. Someone maybe could use it for parts or repair. The shround is not is very good condition but could probably be repaired. I have the thermostat too. I also have the toilet that was working and the cabinet stuff that was in the bathroom along with the sink that has a hole that could probably be reapaired too. I don't want much for them just a little to cover the trouble of loading and transporting. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will give you my cell number. Kim
knemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #2

1969 31' Sovereign
Evans , Georgia
Armstrong A/C

Kim - we're just starting on ours...but yes, we're interested. Ours is currently locked down. My cell is 803-507-9984. Joel and Rebecca Cantrell
joelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #3

1969 27' Overlander
Morristown , Tennessee
Hey. New to this site.. I just got a '69, great shape but the A/c won't work...know anyplace I can get parts.. I know that its the orig. Armstrong unit...not having much luck..
-cam
Bearmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
Haskell , Texas
Hi there, I tried to call you today but got no answer. I still have the airconditioner, after I thought about it I decided it was too heavy for me to haul all the way to San Antonio for the rally so let me kind of what you need. My cell number is 326-660-7625 and I have it on all the time if you want to call me and I can give you some details. Thanks, kim
Old 02-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
Haskell , Texas
I didn't have much luck with anyone to reapair old Armstrongs either. I opted for a new one because I didn't want to get caught somewhere with no cool air. I get kind of hard to live with if it gets too hot. I got mine off of ebay for a really good price. The seller id is familyrvrepair and they are really nice people. I am not a very big person and I installed mine by myself. I hooked a winch up to the top of the carport and winched the old one off and pulled the trailer out from under it and winched the new one up and backed the trailer back under the new airconditioner. It really was not that hard and I am glad I went that route. Just something for you to think about.