Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
London , England
Aircon and heater thermostat wiring

When decorating, we took the thermostats for the Suburban heater and Armstrong aircon off the wall of our 78 Tradewind. The wiring colours were carefully noted on a diagram of the two stats. The paper was carefully kept with the stats. But, when we came to put it all back, guess what? The little piece of paper had gone to where little pieces of paper go. I think there are six wires - two thicker (blue) three with fork connectors crimped on and one snipped (brown) which seems to be the same one that hangs around in the aircon unit - also snipped. Here in London England, we can't drop by our local Airstream dealer. Can anyone help?
Ian
ianrjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
The safest way to proceed is to take an access cover off the furnace and see which wires are connected there. Same for the air conditioner.

But see if this site, which lists color codes for home HVACs helps any.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The thermostats for my 75 are in different area of the trailer. I did some work on my heater and I remenber that the wires to it were both blue. Yours may be different. Be safe and do what Tom said.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote