Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2016 23' International
Los Angeles , California
Ok, here is a picture of the spot diffuser sample the new factory is sending me.

At 5.5”, these are a bit smaller than the parts I posted — which is wonderful because they won’t hang down as low.

These are also made with a thicker gauge of rolled aluminum and have a much nicer matte finish (according to the factory)...

This supplier will adjust cost depending on the quantity we order.

So I estimate that a single unit is going to run about $325.00: which will include all stainless hardware, the aluminum spot diffuser, silver abs mounting collar, installation instructions and a mounting template for properly aligned installation.

My goal is to get the cost down around $200.00 if we can get enough volume.

More information to come once I get the sample in...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09D09F37-6952-455C-9234-C9562B377335.png
Views:	90
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	329540  
Seanlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2016 23' International
Los Angeles , California
These are fully adjustable. They can articulate in any direction and also have a rotating disc that can control volume or close off the vent via a knurled knob at the base of the nozzle.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:33 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2016 23' International
Los Angeles , California
Unfortunately I can’t control pricing, it’s driven by the market.

They were worth the cost to me for my trailer, but obviously everyone will have a different value equation when thinking about these.

In my situation, we camp in the movahe desert a lot in summer time (118 degrees is normal) and the factory vents are so restrictive that we’d always remove them to keep cool (not what you’d expect from a 70+k trailer in my opinion).

Jackson center should have provided something like these before our units left the factory...
Old 01-02-2019, 12:07 PM   #24
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanlb View Post

Jackson center should have provided something like these before our units left the factory...

I agree...But $200+ ea. Is more than I have laying around unfortunately [emoji24]

Beautiful looking and very appealing though..

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
My DW would strenuously object to something that big as an air vent....
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:33 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
2019 33' Classic
2017 27' Tommy Bahama
Scottsdale , Arizona
Those are beautiful, and looking at the design i’m sure more efficient than the factory design which restricts airflow. Tempting to put just a few in from and back to improve efficiency.

We had a 2017 28FB Tommy Bahama and the vents would occasionally fall out. Just traded up to a classic 33, which now has the vents riveted in place. So if people are looking for factory vents that don’t fall out check and see if the new riveted in vents can be retrofitted.
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
Sean, your spot diffuser looks great, and I hope you get enough orders to make it economically viable. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't stretch that far.

For what it's worth, here's what I did instead. The single air conditioner in my 27' International couldn't keep up with midsummer heat, and I narrowed down the cause to the extreme flow restriction imposed by Airstream's adjustable vent grilles, which block more than half of the airflow. When I pulled these off the ceiling, the increase in cooling was amazing. In fact, it was excessive! After some experimentation, I settled for removing just two of the ceiling vent grilles - one in the dinette area and one in the bedroom - and leaving the rest in place.

But the open holes in the ceiling were unsightly. So I bought a set of 140mm computer fan grilles for nine bucks and screwed two of them in place over the open vent holes. They look great - more Airstream-like than Airstream's own grilles - and they let through a large volume of cold air. The drawback is that you can't aim the flow or regulate it. But for me, this cheap solution greatly enhances cooling, and as long as I don't sit directly underneath one of the two grilles, it works great.
Paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:55 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by eganwh View Post
The JQJ6 looks comparable as well as a bit less expensive then what you are quoting and is already available. ???

https://grilles.hvacquick.com/produc...Spot-Diffusers

I bought 8 of the spot diffusers from HVACQuick and will only be using two of them. So I have 6 for sale if anyone is interested. You would have to have mounting collars printed for them.

Send a PM if interested.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:32 PM   #29

2020 19' Caravel
Chino Hills , California
Sean, would you be willing to part with the .STL files, perhaps for a small fee? I have a 3D printer at home and would love to see if I could print these. If not, no worries!
BullSharkLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:43 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2016 23' International
Los Angeles , California
Send me your email address and I’ll dig them up and send them over to you.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #31

2020 19' Caravel
Chino Hills , California
Email sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanlb View Post
Send me your email address and I’ll dig them up and send them over to you.
Hi Sean! I believe I sent it over but not sure if I sent it to the correct username haha. Thanks so much! Please allow me to compensate you for your hard work!
BullSharkLA is offline   Reply With Quote