Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
JLester

1962 19' Globetrotter
Canyon Creek , Montana
Send a message via Yahoo to jlester
Air conditioning options

This last weekned I went and looked at the T@B trailers. I noticed the air conditioner they had was installed on the floor. Has anyone tried this make of airconditioner. I have a 1962 globetrotter and would like an airconditioner that was not on top of the trailer.
thanks
J.Lester
jlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
That setup is good for a (very) small trailer, like a T@b. I had a similar a/c setup in a popup, back before roof air became common on them, and can tell you that my legs froze from the knees down, and from about the waist up, I was hot. Obviously, your Globetrotter is not a T@b, and my popup was not a Globetrotter, but the same basic principles would apply, heat rises, cold descends.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Thay have recently (past three years) improved the portable units for an small spaces to be a little large than a de-humidified (18" x 18" x 30" tall) and cost about $400. All you need is outdoor intake grill & exhaust w/ 4" dryer vent. Might be able to mod for your AS.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Thay have recently (past three years) improved the portable units for an small spaces to be a little large than a de-humidified (18" x 18" x 30" tall) and cost about $400. All you need is outdoor intake grill & exhaust w/ 4" dryer vent. Might be able to mod for your AS.
I use a portable unit as a loaner for clients that have A/C problems where I have to wait for a new unit or parts....and it's hot and humid (as in FL). It draws a scant 10 amps and nicely cools a 20' X 20' room.

This type of unit can work well in an A/S, but you have to vent it outside (no external air intake is required as it recycles the interior ambient air) and use a drip pan in very humid climates. It also takes up valuable floor space in your trailer.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
THe basecamp has a AC unit mounted on the floor.
BTW. I soooo want a 62 22ft globetrotter or 22ft flying cloud.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
BTW. I soooo want a 62 22ft globetrotter or 22ft flying cloud.
I may have a line on a Flying Cloud, how bad do you want one?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Terry,
Right now I have no place to put it. I will have to pass for now. I am looking for a retirement/winter project. I have few years to find the right trailer.
Thanks for looking.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
This place makes a neat small AC unit Danhard Inc.-Automotive air conditioning manufacturer since 1963.Specialty vehicle,115 volt and aftermarket systems and I am thinking about using one. Check out the 70-3000 series
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote