Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Air conditioner

2000 25ft Safari - mint condition. Air conditioner has condensation dripping from the filter area inside the unit. Air conditioner drips from the outside hose but continues inside. Can anyone tell me a fix or what the problem is. Appears at this time to be high humidity and cold running unit. Thanks from a newbe.
abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Glenwood Springs , Colorado
Me too. 2006 25 FB . Lots of old threads on this problem both here and other Rv sites. I had a cracked funnel . I tried to epoxy a new one , does not work. Still drips. My plan is to buy the expensive replacement part. Another issue is dirty fins that cause the unit to work harder and drip more.
wdgwdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #3
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Mine had some hairline cracks in the drain pain that caused a drip inside. I put Quik Steel epoxy on them. Its been holding for 2-3 years now.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
College Station , Texas
I've had similar problems, but it's intermittent. Sometimes it drains just as it should, and sometimes it's an interior drip. How do you access the drain pan and the funnel? Through the filter/control panel? I've looked and can't tell what I'm looking at.

"The written word will soon disappear, and we'll no longer be able to read good prose like we used to could." - James Thurber
mddsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:16 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Glenwood Springs , Colorado
Mike and Diane, My AC (Dometic 2006)access is inside the trailer, remove the loose clip filters and then about 4-6 screws remove the inside housing. The drip pan is quite shallow, and drain tube is visible. My outside drip tube is in the wheel well on the curb side. I was able to remove the tube and squirt vinegar through the tubing using a syringe. It is all tight work for my hands.
wdgwdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
College Station , Texas
Thanks, wdgwdg, that helps. I had removed the filters and thought I was seeing everything up there, but it makes sense that the housing would have to come off too.

"The written word will soon disappear, and we'll no longer be able to read good prose like we used to could." - James Thurber
mddsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:00 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
I had a 2001 Safari 25. The only time it dripped inside was when I tried to redirect the air flow by turning the vents downward. I think it was blowing some cold air inside the unit and moisture was condensing on cold metal and dripping out. When I turned the vents back to straight out, the drips stopped.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote