Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
Doylestown , Pennsylvania
Add A/C in 1976 Argosy Minuet 20'

Hello, I just purchased a Argosy 20' Minuet and would like to add A/C to it. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!
npm5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Check out Smokeless Joe's split A/C on his Argosy trailer.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
If you are looking to add a roof A/C unit-

I added one in our ‘73 Argosy. We did it after going to a rally with 95 degree heat and no shade- felt like we were boiling in a soup can

Your trailer should be prewired for it as ours was- somebody more knowledgable than me on this forum should know the exact locations of the wires in the ceiling and where to cut the hole in the ceiling. Or look at the location on another trailer like yours. You will need to cut some curved supports (I did mine out of 2x4 pieces); to support the curve in the roof. They will slide between the inner and outer roof before bolting down the unit.

You will have to add another circuit breaker to your box. The other end of the A/C wiring should be inside the wall behind your circuit breaker box. You will need to unscrew your box from the wall; cut a hole in the wall just big enough for your hand (that will be covered up when you put the box back), reach in the hole and pull your wires out.

Definitely worth the time and effort- you will need a freind to help you lift the unit onto the roof; but other than that, pretty easy.

Have fun,
Shawn
Argosy man is offline   Reply With Quote