Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I put a second unit in the bedroom of my 34'. I had to buy the drain pan from Airstream. I ran a 12 gage wire from the unit to a breaker alongside the existing breaker in the rear cabinet over the bed. The drain line goes all the way through the floor along with the power cord. I use a seperate line to power the rear ac.

Keep the shiny side up.
WBCCI # 348
Past Region 3 President
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1959 22' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Seattle , Washington
The front window awning does look good. I've got questions about that, too, but maybe for another thread

Thanks for the photos! I'm feeling good about this after seeing a few trailers from the same year.

What's your experience fishing the AC wire down to the electrical panel? Plan A is to snake the wire (and now condensation hose) somewhat diagonally toward the wardrobe. I think there is a horizontal rib at the height of the top of the kitchen window. When I reach that point, the plan is to drill a hole for the AC wire and a hole for the water tube to come into the wardrobe. I'll use rubber grommets to insulate the aluminum edge. Then route the wire / hose to their respective places. Does this sound right? Is there a way to get the wire / hose all the way down while staying in the wall? I don't want to remove the inside skin.

r&kweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #17
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I didn't run the wire inside the skins all the way to the panel. I did it inside the skins until it came out inside a cabinet over the galley. Then it goes into the wardrobe on the streetside and to the panel. Only needed to 'fish' it about two feet. Took about 15 minutes and viola, it was done. I left an extra 18 inches or so of 12 guage wire at the AC in case I ever need to put on a different AC and the electrical connection was further away.

4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote

1960, 1960 tradewind