Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
AC experts - please help identify wire

When cleaning the AC filters on our 2015 EB with dual AC, I found this loose cable coiled inside the zone 2 unit labeled "T STAT EXT" (see pic). I assume this means thermostat extension or similar, but what would it be be used for or connected to? Perhaps an exterior thermostat, for units with that option? Thanks in advance, Joe

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1437926482.730804.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	243954
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
Don't have one personally but my guess is

T STAT = thermostat
EXT = external

to run the wire to an external thermostat making your roof AC act more like central air in a house, or maybe the thermostat controlled heat in your rig. Normally the thermostat is right there with the AC.
nrgtrakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

If the thermostat is right by the AC unit, some, like me, may prefer to have the sensor nearer to where we actually spend most time in the trailer. Additionally, if, like mine originally, the stat is an analogue device (e.g. a rotary knob with a printed range of temperatures), then it is not the most precise and useful controller.
A digital thermostat mounted on a wall in a more useful area solves these issues for me. The cable you describe may enable this modification with minimum wiring complexity.
I described full details of the fitting of my remote digital thermostat ,for the AC and the furnace combined, eleven years ago here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f427...ace-14953.html
Nick.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
My guess is that wire is for an external temperature sensor. There is probably one in your zone one unit. You can read the external temp on your CCC 2 by holding the External temperature button.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote