Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #29
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
Corona , California
Originally Posted by cutterbug View Post
Picked up the bill and my unit Sat. The manager I have been dealing with said he would come .
I am giving this organization one last chance to make this right. I will now have to verify that my bearings were indeed packed. I will have to replace my flooring....and....I am now paying someone else to do what I asked for in the first place.
You have already given them way way too many chances.

It also appears that the "bill" is loaded.

Make super sure that "IF" the bearings were repacked, that they "replaced the grease seals." If they did not do that, I would refuse to pay that part of the bill as well.

Based on the discription as to the quality, or pardon me lack of quality, they have done on other things, I would bet that "IF" they packed the bearings that they pounded out the old seals and then pounded them back in. that is an absolute NO NO.

Did they adjust the brakes????

Did they clean all the dust and dirt out of, and off of, the backing plates????

In fairness to yourself and others, after your next, and hopefully your last visit to that dealer, that you as a service to other owners in your area, post the name of the company on this Forums.

A good business relationship is seldom mentioned, but is always welcomed by the providing company.

A bad relationship, that is realistic, should always be made known to others.

Errors and mistakes can happen in any repair business, even though most humans try not to make those mistakes, but even the most dedicated shop, could "boo boo", or even have a new part failure.

But "fraud" is not an acceptable mistake or error.

Unfortunately, you have been had, and I hope the wounds quickly heal, for you and your Airstream.

Making the Better Business Bureau in that area, and the local Chamber of Commerce aware of your problems with that business, is also helpful to others and to that community.

If we can help in any way, please let us know.

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I was taking notes as I read your bill to suggest items you should contest. As I read I saw you had already made the right decision as far as payment.

However I would not give any consideration to letting them have a second chance. If you have ever heard what happens to a meal sent back to the kitchen you would understand why I say this.

Just stop payment and save your documentation if they want to go to court.

2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member
2004 19' Bambi
afton , Virginia
Thanks more chances....I will never go to this dealership again. I have stopped the check....have a growing file. Found a great RV tech that some friends of friends who heard about this fiasco hooked me up with. He's a keeper. He has worked on Airstreams for a long time...and is documenting/composing a letter of all things NOT done and loaded on the bill. I have contacted the owner to make him aware of all response... left a message each day. Have pics....wait till you see these....what a trip. Will have the bearings checked this week. Thanks again for your awesome help.
cutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member
2004 19' Bambi
afton , Virginia
Last update...whew! Thanks again for all your advice and support. I was able to talk with the owner at length. I had the bearings checked....all looked good will be paying for the inspection....the eletrical cord replacement and the bearings being packed....and I will never go back to this place again. All the other bogus charges were dropped. Lesson learned. Done. Here's a pic of Dora the Explorer....after our renovations
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00832-2.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	81704   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00837-2.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	81705  

cutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #33

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
So what ever happened to your trailer? Did you resolve the drain issue... was the dent huge?

GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote