Old 08-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Don't do it!

I would suggest you not do it. Use a window unit. I have a 1966 Safari, went through the same thing. In the end, I put 3 Fantastic Vents in the trailer (with all three on, will suck the sides of the trailer in) and decided to use a window unit. I built a stand out of a cheap Wal-Mart table(AC unit rest in place), three pieces of plexyglass(held in place by exsisting screen clips) to fill in the gap(can still see out) and used "pet screening" to build a cover for the front window(can not see the AC window unit when it's in place and AC unit gets the air it needs) PLUS it will run off a 15AMP breaker! In the winter, it stays home, plus you keep the lines of the trailer. It take less than five minutes to put in place. I've used the setup in Perry, GA during this years International (A true test of the system)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC-Stand.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	42345   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	42346  

Paul Waddell
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off